- 2 pounds pitted dates
- 1/2 pound green candied cherries
- 1/2 pound red candied cherries
- 1 pound candied pineapple (cut in pieces, if whole)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pound English Walnuts, shelled
- 1 pound pecans, shelled
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Leave nuts and fruit as whole as possible.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder over fruit and nuts. Mix well
- Beat eggs and vanilla extract and pour over flour mixture. Blend well.
- Line two bread pans with wax paper and butter well.
- Divide dough into the two pans and bake at 200 degrees F for 1 hour and
- Put on rack to cool.
- When cool, wrap tightly in foil or freezer paper.