- 2 pounds pitted dates
- 1/2 pound green candied cherries
- 1/2 pound red candied cherries
- 1 pound candied pineapple (cut in pieces, if whole)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pound English Walnuts, shelled
- 1 pound pecans, shelled
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Leave nuts and fruit as whole as possible.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder over fruit and nuts. Mix well
- Beat eggs and vanilla extract and pour over flour mixture. Blend well.
- Line two bread pans with wax paper and butter well.
- Divide dough into the two pans and bake at 200 degrees F for 1 hour and
- Put on rack to cool.
- When cool, wrap tightly in foil or freezer paper.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.