German Fruit Cake
This is a very popular fruit cake using three different
flavors of preserves. It really is very good.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup cherry preserves
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 cup pecans, cut coarsely
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf
pans or one Bundt pan.
- Mix buttermilk with baking soda and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs until light.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add creamed mixture alternately with
buttermilk and baking soda mixture.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing.
- You may sift confectioners' sugar over cooled cakes if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.