Miniature Fruit Cakes
- 1 pound candied cherries, halves
- 3 slices candied pineapple, chopped
- 1 pound chopped dates
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Place fruit and pecans in bowl.
- Add flour and mix with hands.
- Add sugar and salt and mix.
- Add eggs and butter to fruit mixture.
- Spoon into greased and floured pan.
- If using a tube pan, bake at 250 degrees F for 3 1/2 hours. If using muffin
tins (miniature or regular size), bake at 300 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Place cakes in tin and cover with a dish towel saturated with bourbon. This
preserves flavor and keeps the cakes moist for up to at least 2 weeks.
Yield: 1 cake (serving 24) or 6 dozen miniature cakes
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruitcake Recipes