As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 cups candied pineapple chunks
- 1 1/2 cups salted Macadamia nuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pineapple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease three 8 x 5-inch loaf pans. Line with wax
paper and grease the paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss 4 cups of the pineapple, the nuts and coconut with 1/4
cup flour until coated; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl at medium speed, beat sugar and butter or margarine for
3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in milk, pineapple flavoring and vanilla extract. At low speed, beat in flour
until well blended.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in fruit-nut mixture.
- Spoon batter into pans and top with remaining pineapple, pressing lightly into batter.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans, peel off wax paper and cool completely on wire racks.
- Wrap in foil.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 days before serving.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 month or in freezer up to 3 months.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruitcake Recipes