Stained Glass Fruit Cake
- 1/2 pound figs
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- 1 pound candied cherries
- 2 pounds pecan halves
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Grease and flour one tube or two bread pans. Line with wax paper.
- Mix fruits and nuts.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix eggs, syrup, sugar and oil. Beat into dry ingredients. Pour over fruit.
- Pack firmly into the pans.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 2 1/4 hours or until the top appears dry.
- Wrap in a brandy- or rum-soaked cloth.
This keeps for one year in the refrigerator if kept fairly damp.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruitcake Recipes