Stirring Fruit Cakes
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 pound red candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 pound white candied pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 pound green candied pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 pound raisins
- 6 cups pecans, chopped
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.
- Add flour and spice.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add fruits and nuts which have been coarsely chopped.
- Put into large greased pan and place in 375 degree F oven. After mixture
has cooked for 15 minutes, stir it. Do this 3 times.
- After the third time, have tube pan or 2 loaf pans greased and lined with
- Pack cake into pan(s) very well and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan(s).