Sweet Potato Fruit Cake
This is a moist, economical cake.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 1 cup light raisins
- 4 ounces red cherries
- 4 ounces green cherries
- 8 ounces candied mixed fruit
- This requires a very large bowl to mix in. Blend sugar and oil.
- Add egg yolks; beat well.
- Add hot water.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add to sugar and yolk mixture. Beat well.
- Add potatoes.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Stir in nuts and fruit.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube cake pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 2 1/2 hours. Cake is done when it pulls away from
- Let cool.
- Remove from pan. Wrap in plastic wrap and foil.
- Store in refrigerator.
It might pull apart when slicing. Just piece back together.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruitcake Recipes