Vanilla Wafer Fruitcake
- 1 (13 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/2 pound candied red cherries
- 1/2 pound candied green pineapple
- 5 ounces white raisins
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a tube pan.
- Save 5 whole cherries, 10 pineapple wedges and 15 pecan halves.
- Crush wafers in large mixing bowl.
- Add cherries cut in half, pineapple cut in wedges, pecan halves broken in
two and whole raisins. Mix well.
- Beat eggs well; add sugar, milk and salt.
- Add to wafer fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Place in prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Decorate with reserved fruit and nuts.
- Bake in center of oven for one hour.
- Cool for 15 minutes.