Wafer Fruit Cake
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- 1 pound pecans
- 1/2 pound candied cherries
- 1/2 pound candied pineapple
- 1/4 pound dates (scant cup)
- 1 cup shredded coconut*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Crush vanilla wafers with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Chop fruit and nuts, keeping out 4 whole cherries, 16 date halves and 2
slices of pineapple.
- Mix chopped fruit, coconut and nuts with wafer crumbs.
- Beat eggs well; add sugar, evaporated milk and salt.
- To this mixture add fruit, nuts and wafer mixture, mixing well. Let
stand while preparing pan with wax paper.
- Pack into a pan, decorate top with cherries, date halves and pineapple.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
Coconut may be omitted if you don't care for it.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruitcake Recipes