Watermelon Pickle Fruit Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- 1 cup slivered candied pineapple
- 1 cup light seedless raisins
- 1 (1 pound 4 ounce) jar watermelon pickles, drained and slivered
- 1/2 cup watermelon pickle syrup
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- Combine fruits and pickle syrup; soak overnight.
- Cream butter; add sugar; cream again.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift together dry ingredients; reserve 1/4 cup.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sherry.
- Drain fruits; add nuts and reserved 1/4 cup flour mixture; blend well. Pour
batter over fruits and nuts; mix.
- Pour into two prepared 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 2 hours and 30 minutes to 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Cool in pans on racks.
- Chill for 1 month before using to facilitate cutting.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruitcake Recipes