Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1/3 cup Strawberry Sauce, chilled
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Sauce, chilled
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 14 ounces canned pineapple
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare sauces and let cool before preparing cake.
- Cake: Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes or until
spreadable; pack evenly into 9-inch springform pan. Pour chocolate sauce over top.
Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes
or until softened.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple and pure in food processor; mix into vanilla ice cream.
Spread over chocolate layer; freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, let chocolate ice cream stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or
until softened; spread over pineapple layer.
- Whip cream with confectioners' sugar; spread or pipe over top of cake. Remove
side of pan; garnish with banana and Strawberry Sauce. Freeze for 20 minutes or
- Strawberry Sauce: In small saucepan, stir together strawberries, sugar and orange
rind. Blend orange juice with cornstarch; stir into pan and cook, stirring, over
medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Chocolate Sauce: In saucepan, whisk together sugar, whipping cream, cocoa, vanilla
extract and salt until smooth; cook over medium heat, stirring for 8 to 10 minutes
or until thickened and smooth. Let cool.