Banana Split Ice Cream Cake
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1/3 cup Strawberry Sauce, chilled
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Sauce, chilled
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 14 ounces canned pineapple
- 4 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare sauces and let cool before preparing cake.
- Cake: Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes or until
spreadable; pack evenly into 9-inch springform pan. Pour chocolate sauce over top.
Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes
or until softened.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple and pure in food processor; mix into vanilla ice cream.
Spread over chocolate layer; freeze for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, let chocolate ice cream stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or
until softened; spread over pineapple layer.
- Whip cream with confectioners' sugar; spread or pipe over top of cake. Remove
side of pan; garnish with banana and Strawberry Sauce. Freeze for 20 minutes or
- Strawberry Sauce: In small saucepan, stir together strawberries, sugar and orange
rind. Blend orange juice with cornstarch; stir into pan and cook, stirring, over
medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Chocolate Sauce: In saucepan, whisk together sugar, whipping cream, cocoa, vanilla
extract and salt until smooth; cook over medium heat, stirring for 8 to 10 minutes
or until thickened and smooth. Let cool.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.