Brownie Ice Cream Cake
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons stick butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pint good quality coffee or other flavored ice cream
- 2 pints good quality chocolate or other flavored ice cream
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- Garnish: warmed chocolate sauce, maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Microwave the chocolate and water in a medium bowl on HIGH for 50 seconds; repeat
at 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Scrape the mixture
into a medium bowl.
- Add butter and beat with mixer on medium speed until smooth and glossy.
- Beat in the 1/2 cup sugar, then the eggs. Scrape down the side of bowl and beat
in vanilla extract, baking powder and baking soda.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour just until blended. Spread evenly
in the prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
with moist not wet crumbs sticking to it.
- Place on a wire rack and when cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes, hold pie
plate still and gently rotate brownie with your thumbs until it loosens from pie
plate. (this makes serving easier) With a metal spoon, scoop soft brownie mixture
from center, leaving a shell about 1/4 inch thick.
- Loosely wrap scooped out brownie, place in center of pie plate, wrap pie and
freeze at least 1 hour or up to 1 month.
- Remove scooped out brownie. Spread coffee ice cream over bottom of pie shell
Sprinkle with about half the scooped out brownie. Cover and freeze until firm, at
least 1 hour.
- Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 3 hours or up to 1
- About 1 hour before serving, beat heavy cream with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar
until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted. Spread over ice cream, or spoon
whipped cream into a decorating bag fitted with a star tip and pipe around edge.
Garnish with remaining scooped out brownie, the warmed chocolate sauce and maraschino
- Return to freezer until 30 minutes before serving, then transfer to refrigerator
so ice cream can soften slightly.
Yield: 10 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.