Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
- 1 (18 ounce) package small chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted
butter and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate.
Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan.
- Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop.
- After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice
- Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.