Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart coffee or vanilla ice cream
- Beat eggs very lightly and add the sugar gradually, beating after each addition.
- Add 1/4 cup cold water.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add egg mixture, beating slowly.
- Flavor with vanilla extract.
- Line greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan with wax paper and grease again.
- Pour in the batter, spread smooth, and bake at 425 degrees F for 12 to 15
- Turn out on a towel sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Remove wax paper
and trim crisp edges. Roll up in a towel. Cool.
- Unroll and spread with coffee or vanilla ice cream, softened enough to spread.
Roll up quickly, wrap in foil and keep in freezer until ready to serve.
- Slice and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.