Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Cake
This dessert is a celebration waiting to happen! Make it ahead, and you can have
a secret in the freezer ready to surprise someone.
- 16 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 quart (4 cups) cherry or cherry vanilla ice cream, softened
- 8 creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart (4 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup fudge ice-cream sauce
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
- 12 fresh cherries with stems
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 16 cookies in food processor. Cover and process until finely ground.
- Add butter; cover and process until mixed.
- Press into a 9 x 3-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Wrap outside of springform pan with foil. Spread cherry ice cream over cooled
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped cookies and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips over cherry
ice cream; press slightly.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over top.
- Drop fudge sauce over ice cream in small spoonsful; swirl slightly into
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips; press slightly.
- Freeze for about 8 hours until firm.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove side of pan.
- Cut dessert into wedges. Top each wedge with whipped cream and cherry.
Prep time 25 Min | Total time 9 Hr 45 Min | Servings 12
Spray the back of a metal spoon with cooking spray, then use it to press the
crumb mixture into the pan.
It’s a snap to spread the fudge sauce over the ice cream. Just spoon the sauce
into a resealable plastic food-storage bag, cut off a small tip from a corner and
This special dessert keeps well in the freezer for up to two weeks. Make the
dessert, freeze until firm, then cover with foil to store.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 410 (Calories from Fat
200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium
170mg; Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 36g), Protein 5g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 15.00%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker/©2011 General Mills