Coffee-Toffee Ice Cream Cake
- 2 1/4 cups crumbled macaroons*
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 5 Heath bars or 5 ounces English toffee, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
* Other cookies, i.e. chocolate wafers or vanilla cookies can be substituted
for the macaroons.
- Layer bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with 1 1/4 cups of the macaroon crumbs.
- Spread the chocolate ice cream evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle 4 of the crushed Heath bars over the ice cream.
- Dribble with 3 tablespoons of the chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons of the coffee
- Cover with remaining 1 cup macaroons.
- Layer the vanilla ice cream over the macaroons.
- Top with remaining crushed Heath bars, 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup and the 1
tablespoon coffee liqueur.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, run the blade of a kitchen knife around the edges of the
pan. Remove the sides and place the ice cream cake on a platter.
- Slice and serve.