Heath Bar Ice Cream Cake
- 2 1/4 cups macaroons, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 5 Heath bars, coarsely chopped*
- Layer the bottom of an 8-inch round springform pan with 1 1/4 cups of the
- Spread chocolate ice cream evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle 4 of the crushed Heath bars over the ice cream.
- Dribble 3 tablespoons of the chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons of the Kahlua
over chocolate ice cream.
- Cover with remaining macaroons.
- Top evenly with vanilla ice cream.
- Sprinkle remaining crushed Heath bars over ice cream, then the chocolate
syrup and Kahlua.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, run the blade of a kitchen knife around the edges of
the pan, remove the sides and place the ice cream cake on a serving platter.
Slice and serve.
* Place Heath bars in freezer until frozen. They are then easily broken with
Other cookies, such as chocolate wafers or vanilla cookies can be used instead
Different variations of chocolate ice cream, such as chocolate-almond can be