Heath Bar Ice Cream Cake
- 2 1/4 cups macaroons, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 5 Heath bars, coarsely chopped*
- Layer the bottom of an 8-inch round springform pan with 1 1/4 cups of the macaroons.
- Spread chocolate ice cream evenly over the crumbs.
- Sprinkle 4 of the crushed Heath bars over the ice cream.
- Dribble 3 tablespoons of the chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons of the Kahlua over chocolate ice cream.
- Cover with remaining macaroons.
- Top evenly with vanilla ice cream.
- Sprinkle remaining crushed Heath bars over ice cream, then the chocolate syrup and Kahlua.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, run the blade of a kitchen knife around the edges of the pan, remove the sides and place the ice cream cake on a serving platter. Slice and serve.
* Place Heath bars in freezer until frozen. They are then easily broken with a mallet.
Other cookies, such as chocolate wafers or vanilla cookies can be used instead of macaroons.
Different variations of chocolate ice cream, such as chocolate-almond can be used.