Ice Cream Cake 2
- 2 (8.5 ounce) boxes chocolate wafers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream
- 2 pints any other flavor ice cream
- Coconut flakes
- Anytime up to two weeks before serving, make crumbs from wafers in blended
or with rolling pin. Combine crumbs and melted butter, reserving 2/3 cup of
crumbs. Firmly press remaining crumbs over bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform
- Freeze until firm (15 minutes).
- Remove from freezer and spread vanilla ice cream in an even layer. Sprinkle
with 1/3 cup crumbs.
- Return to freezer until ice cream is firm.
- Repeat layering ice cream, with chocolate used last, in the same manner,
omitting crumbs at the end.
- Cover top with foil and freeze.
- Early on serving day put serving plate in freezer to chill.
- Ten minutes
before serving, invert pan onto plate, release catch, and remove sides and bottom.
Garnish with coconut flakes.
Yield: 12 servings