Ice Cream Crunch Cake
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Fresh strawberries for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and peanut
butter until creamy and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the melted mixture over the cereal and combine.
Spread the chocolate cereal on a cookie sheet and cool. When firm, break up
the cereal mixture into small pieces.
- Soften the ice cream and fold in all but 1 cup of the cereal mixture. Spread
the soft ice cream into a 10-inch springform pan.
- Use remaining cereal mixture to make decorative topping, then freeze until
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries, if desired. Release the side
of the springform pan, slice and serve.