Maraschino Cherry Ice Cream Cake
Dessert may be prepared up to 1 week in advance. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
Frost just before serving as directed.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (about 13 ounces)
- 1 pint EACH: chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries without stems, well drained
- 3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 10 maraschino cherries with stems, if desired
- Carefully cut angel food cake into 4 horizontal layers. Place bottom layer, cut side up, on cookie sheet or piece of card board covered with aluminum foil. Spread with chocolate ice cream; press 10 maraschino cherries into ice cream.
- Repeat with two layers of cake and vanilla and strawberry ice cream, ending with strawberry ice cream.
- Place last cake layer over strawberry ice cream, cut side facing ice cream.
- Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer and frost with whipped topping. Place 10 maraschino cherries with stems on top of cake.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Cherry Growers Foundation