Nutella Ice Cream Torte
The torte alternates layers of pistachio, strawberry and vanilla ice cream with
Nutella. The Nutella freezes firm on the ice cream, but remains soft enough to cut
easily. The pistachio, strawberry and vanilla ice creams make a pretty pastel color
contrast, but you can substitute other flavors that contrast in color and taste.
- 2 pints pistachio ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 2 pints strawberry ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened until spreadable but not melted
- 1 cup Nutella (13 ounces) chocolate hazelnut spread, room temperature
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of Nutella into a small resealable sandwich bag. Press out
the air and seal. Set aside to use for the topping.
- Spread the pistachio ice cream evenly over the bottom of 9-inch diameter springform
pan with at least 2-inch high sides. Spread the ice cream carefully to the edges.
Using half of the remaining Nutella, drop teaspoonsful evenly over the ice cream.
Do not spread the Nutella to the edge. When the springform sides are removed, the
edges of the ice cream will show as pastel layers without Nutella.
- Spread the strawberry ice cream evenly in the pan. Drop teaspoonsful of the remaining
Nutella over the strawberry ice cream, but do not spread it to the edge.
- Spread the vanilla ice cream evenly in the pan. Use a thin metal spatula to smooth
the top of the torte.
- Cut a small hole in one corner of the filled sandwich bag. Press the Nutella
through the hole in the bag to form crisscrossing lines over the top of the torte.
The lines should reach to the edge of the torte.
Variation: Press 1 cup of crushed Heath bar onto the sides of the torte at serving
To Freeze: Freeze the torte 15 minutes to firm the Nutella topping. Wrap the
torte tightly with plastic wrap. Then cover with heavy aluminum foil, gently pressing
the aluminum foil against the torte. Label with date and contents. Freeze at least
4 hours or up to 2 weeks.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.