Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 10 drops green food coloring
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate or 12 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- Crush Oreo cookies in food processor, then add melted butter. Press into
a 9-inch square cake pan.
- Soften ice cream (this can be done in the microwave on defrost for 3 to
4 minutes) until soft enough to fold in flavoring and food coloring. Mix well.
- Pour ice cream mixture into crust and freeze.
- Hot Fudge Sauce: Melt butter in top of double boiler; drop in chocolate
and stir until melted.
- Add sugar a little at a time, stirring well until all sugar has been added.
- Add salt.
- Slowly stir in evaporated milk.
- After all milk has been added, let cook over hot water until all sugar is
completely dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- This is delicious served over warm cake or ice cream.
- It keeps in the refrigerator for a long time.
- Always warm sauce before serving.