Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 10 drops green food coloring
Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate or 12 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- Cake: Crush Oreo cookies in food processor, then add melted butter. Press into
a 9-inch square cake pan.
- Soften ice cream (this can be done in the microwave on defrost for 3 to
4 minutes) until soft enough to fold in flavoring and food coloring. Mix well.
- Pour ice cream mixture into crust and freeze.
- Hot Fudge Sauce: Melt butter in top of double boiler; drop in chocolate
and stir until melted.
- Add sugar a little at a time, stirring well until all sugar has been added.
- Add salt.
- Slowly stir in evaporated milk.
- After all milk has been added, let cook over hot water until all sugar is
completely dissolved, stirring occasionally.
This is delicious served over warm cake or ice cream.
It keeps in the refrigerator for a long time.
Always warm sauce before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.