Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sugar-coated chocolate candies
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Green, red and yellow food coloring
- 4 teaspoons grated orange rind or 3/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 cup chopped sugar-coated chocolate candies (frozen)
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of 8 or 9-inch
springform pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped candies over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool thoroughly; freeze.
- Filling: Divide ice cream into thirds; return 2 portions to freezer until
ready to use.
- Combine 1/3 portion ice cream and 10 drops green food coloring in large
bowl; mix well. Spoon over crust; freeze for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Combine 1/3 portion ice cream, 7 drops red food coloring and 14 drops yellow
food coloring; mix well.
- Add orange rind and 3/4 cup chopped candies; mix well. Spoon over green
layer; freeze for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Combine 1/3 portion ice cream and 10 drops yellow food coloring; mix well.
Spoon over orange layer. Cover securely with foil; freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove rim from springform pan.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) ice cream cake