Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
- 1 (10-inch) angel food cake
- 1 small box lime gelatin
- 1 box frozen strawberries,
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 1 small box orange-pineapple gelatin
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- Cut cake in thirds. Tear each third into bite-size pieces and place in separate
mixing bowls. Sprinkle each portion with 1 flavor of dry gelatin.
- Toss cake pieces until all are evenly coated with dry gelatin.
- Place strawberry-flavored cake pieces in a 10-inch tube pan, spoon strawberries
over cake pieces, and spread evenly with 2 2/3 cups vanilla ice cream.
- Repeat layering with lime flavor, ice cream, and orange flavor and ice cream.
- Top orange flavor cake pieces with orange sections first, then ice cream.
- Cover pan tightly with foil. Freeze for at least 2 days.
- Unmold onto chilled plate. Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.