Red Raspberry Ice Cream Cake
with Raspberry Amaretto Sauce
Red Raspberry Ice Cream Cake is a raspberry lover's dream!
- 6 cups red raspberries, frozen
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- About 2 dozen Italian-style ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur (optional)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups frozen red raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (substitute 1/2 teaspoon almond extract if you prefer a nonalcoholic sauce)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Coat springform with cooking spray and then line with plastic wrap. Let
plastic wrap hang over the sides of the pan.
- Cake: Thaw 6 cups frozen raspberries. Remove ice cream from freezer and soften.
- Cut ladyfingers in length to be flush with top edge of plastic-lined pan;
stand them, with rounded edge at the top, along the sides of the pan. Place
additional ladyfingers in the bottom of the pan, squeezing them in tightly to
cover completely, cutting to fit in small areas if needed. Sprinkle Amaretto
over ladyfingers; set aside.
- Puree raspberries in a food processor with the sugar. Press through a fine
sieve into a large bowl. Add softened ice cream to raspberry puree, and combine
well. Pour ice cream mixture into prepared pan with ladyfingers. Freeze cake,
covered with plastic wrap, until frozen hard, about 6 hours.
- To serve, remove cake from freezer and let soften in refrigerator at least
30 minutes and up to 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan, discarding plastic wrap.
- Whip heavy cream with sugar and almond extract until stiff peaks form. Garnish
cake by piping cream along edge of cake with a large piping tip. Top cream with
fresh or frozen whole raspberries.
- Serve cake with sauce. Pass extra sauce at the table.
- Sauce: In a food processor, puree raspberries with sugar and
Amaretto (or almond extract) and force through a fine sieve into a bowl. Sauce
may be made ahead, covered and chilled.
Yield: 10 servings with 1 1/2 cups sauce
Nutrition information per serving: 557 cal., 7 g protein, 86 g carbohydrates,
21 g total fat (13 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Oregon Raspberry and Blackberry Commission
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.