Carrot Cake Mini Loaves
These spicy, chockful-of-carrot loaves are perfect for gift giving!
- 1 3/4 cups C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour six 5-3/4 x 3x2-inch mini loaf
- Combine sugar, eggs and oil; mix well. Stir in carrots.
- Combine flour, baking
soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend into batter. Pour mixture into prepared
loaf pans, filling each loaf pan just under half-full.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, until the center of the loaf springs back when lightly
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When completely cooled, release the cake from
the sides of the pan with a butter knife. Flip the loaf upside down onto a sheet
of plastic wrap and wrap completely.
Yield: 6 mini loaves
You may want to tie your loaves with ribbon to give it the finishing touch.
A one-pound package of carrots will usually yield 3 cups shredded.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
C&H Sugar Company, Inc.