Cheesecakes in Orange Shells
- 10 navel oranges
- 10 tablespoons granola cup granola cereal
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) containers vanilla yogurt
- 2 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Slice the stem end of each orange, 1 inch from top. Remove "lid" and
set aside. To scoop out orange, slip a tablespoon close to the skin. Gently pull
fruit from peel and reserve. Take a thin slice off the bottom so the orange won't
tip. Place a tablespoonful of granola in each orange shell. Separate the reserved
pulp from the membrane and seeds with your hands. Measure out 1 cup of pulp. Discard
membrane and seeds.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Blend in yogurt and pulp.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into the orange shells. Replace orange lids
off center, exposing some of the cheesecake on one side.
- Put a maraschino cherry on cheesecake to decorate.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours to set.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.