Chocolate Cherry Bundtlettes
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces miniature chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare an 8-cup Bundtlette pan with unsalted solid
vegetable shortening and flour or by spraying with Baker's Joy.
- Prepare batter: In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended.
Spoon batter into prepared molds, filling two-thirds full. Place on center rack
of preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes: Allow the cakes to cool in the pan 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Yield: 8 Bundtlettes
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: calories, 560; fat, 18 grams;
calories from fat, 29 percent; carbohydrates, 98 grams; protein, 8 grams; fiber,
5 grams; cholesterol, 53 milligrams; sodium, 525 milligrams