Dutch Chocolate Minicakes
Rich and sinfully chcolately - we guarantee that you will not be able to stop
at just one!
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 6 ounces chocolate (6 squares), semisweet, chopped
- 1/2 cup C&H Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup C&H Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- Adjust rack to lower third of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2
1/2 dozen miniature muffin cups that measure 1 7/8 x 3/4-inches with miniature cupcake
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder on sheet of wax paper; set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over very low heat. Remove from
heat; stir in granulated sugar. Pour into 3-quart mixing bowl; set aside to cool
slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in flour mixture,
then nuts. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-quarters full.
- Bake for 10 minutes only. Don’t over-bake.
- Remove pans to wire racks to cool
for 5 minutes to allow cakes to firm a bit.
- Carefully remove cakes to other racks
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen 1 1/2 inch mini cakes
These are best eaten the same day they are baked; or freeze, in airtight sturdy
plastic containers, up to 1 month.
Credit: Recipe developed by Flo Braker for C&H Sugar Co.
Recipe and photo credit:
C&H Sugar Company, Inc.