Falling Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Sauce
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, for greasing ramekins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for dusting ramekins
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 mint sprigs
- Raspberry Sauce: Place the raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan, and bring
to a boil, stirring over high heat. Boil until the sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Place half of the sauce in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and puree. Combine
with the remaining sauce, cover, and refrigerate until cold.
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter and flour six 8-ounce ramekins.
- Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
Stir until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place the sugar, flour and eggs, in a large bowl and beat until thick and fluffy,
about 5 minutes.
- Gently beat in the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour the batter into
the prepared ramekins, filling them 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the sides.
- Bake until they begin to puff up, about 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of each ramekin,
and turn the ramekin upside-down on a plate to unmold.
- Serve each cake warm, surrounded
by sauce, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with confectioners' sugar and sprigs of fresh mint.
Variation: Bake in an 8-inch round pan.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.