Lemon Pudding Cakes
Luscious. No other word can really do justice to these tangy-sweet, buttery, individual-serving cakes.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) Lemon Bits
- 2 tablespoons lemon powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons lemon powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease six individual 1-cup bakers.
- Cake: Whisk together the flour, sugar, lemon bits, lemon powder,
baking powder, salt and buttermilk powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter with the eggs and milk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared bakers.
- Sauce: heat the water and butter until the butter melts.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, flour, lemon powder, and sugar.
- Whisk the liquid ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble the cakes: Slowly divide the sauce among the bakers; it may take
some time to settle, but you'll use it all.
- Bake the cakes for 25 to 30 minutes, until they're lightly browned and beginning
to shrink away from the edges of the pans.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Hands-on time: 20 to 30 min | Baking time: 20 to 25 min
Yield: 6 servings
To make this in a 9-inch round pan instead of individual bakers, prepare as directed,
spooning the batter into the lightly greased pan, then very gently drizzling the
sauce on top. Bake for about 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve right out
of the pan.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour