Little Dixie Pound Cake
- 3 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Blend in extracts.
- Pour into a greased 5 3/4 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 1 mini loaf