Maple Java Baby Bundt Cakes
with Maple Java Butter Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Medaglia D’Oro Instant Espresso, dissolved in 1 teaspoon boiling water, cooled
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Maple Java Butter Sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Medaglia D’Oro Instant Espresso dissolved in 2 teaspoons boiling water, cooled
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Cakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour eight 8-ounce Bundt pans.
- Combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Add espresso coffee and maple syrup and blend thoroughly.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture and sour cream alternately.
equal amounts of batter into prepared Bundt pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then invert cakes out of the pans and continue to cool.
- Maple Java Butter Sauce: Combine maple syrup and butter in a small saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the espresso and bourbon. Brush each cake with some of the sauce.
- Add walnuts to the remaining sauce.
- When ready to serve, reheat sauce just until warm and pour a spoonful over each Bundt cake.
- Serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
One 8- to 9-inch Bundt pan can be used instead of individual 8-ounce pans. Bake the large Bundt cake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miniature Cake Recipes