Melting Moments Chocolate Cakes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Cocoa for dusting
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Butter and six 4-ounce ramekins and lightly dust
with cocoa. Tap out the excess cocoa. Set the ramekins on a cookie sheet.
- In microwave, melt butter with the chocolate. Remove and stir every 30 seconds
until chocolate and butter have melted. Set this to the side to cool.
- In a medium bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar at
high speed until the egg mixture is thickened and pale yellow in color.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth. Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the
eggs along with the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted
- Carefully turn each one over and let stand for 10 seconds, then unmold.
- Serve at once with sweetened whipped cream.