Mini Mocha-Toffee Crunch Cheesecakes
- 36 commercial pre-baked miniature phyllo dough shells*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons toffee bits (such as Skor)
* Look for pre-baked miniature phyllo dough shells in your supermarket's freezer section or at Middle Eastern markets. (There are usually 15 shells in a package.)
- Place the phyllo shells in miniature muffin cups to prevent them from overbrowning.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 phyllo shell into each of 36 miniature muffin cups.
- Combine coffee granules, hot water, and Kahlua in a small bowl.
- Place coffee mixture, sugar, and the next 5 ingredients (sugar through egg) in a food processor;
process until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into each shell; discard
the remaining filling.
- Sprinkle cheesecakes evenly with toffee bits.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until set.
- Remove from pans, and cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 3 dozen (serving size: 1 mini cheesecake
Calories 55 (38% from fat); Fat 2.3g (sat 0.8g, mono 0.9g, poly 0.6g); Protein
1.5g; Carb 6.5g; Fiber 0g; Chol 10mg; Iron 0.1mg; Sodium 47mg; Calc 10mg
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 12/28/2001 10:29 am.