Mini Peppermint and Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (such as Nabisco's Famous Chocolate Wafers; about 22 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 12 hard peppermint candies, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini chips
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sprinkles
To cut this recipe in half, just omit the egg whites from the filling.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Press about 1 1/2 teaspoons crumb mixture into the bottom of each of 48 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Filling: Place 6 candies, fat-free cream cheese and the next 6 ingredients (fat-free cream cheese through sour cream) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Stir in mini chips and peppermint extract.
- Divide the filling evenly among prepared crusts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove mini cheesecakes from pans, and cool completely.
- Top each mini cheesecake with 1 teaspoon whipped topping.
- Crush the remaining 6 candies; sprinkle the crushed candies and chocolate sprinkles over the cheesecakes.
Yield: 4 dozen (serving size: 1 cheesecake)
Calories 54 (37% from fat); Fat 2.2g (sat 1.3g, mono 0.6g, poly 0.1g); Protein
1.6g; Carb 6.9g; Fiber 0.2g; Chol 10mg; Iron 0.2mg; Sodium 62mg; Calc 15mg
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 12/28/2001 11:53 am.