Miniature Amaretto Cakes
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Amaretto, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Generously grease and flour eight 4-inch fluted tube pans or twenty 2 1/2-inch
- Let butter and eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30
- Add 1 cup of the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on medium-high
speed about 6 minutes or until mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition, scraping bowl often.
- Stir in 1/3 cup
of the Amaretto, the lemon peel and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating
on medium-low speed just till combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes for 4-inch pans, 22 minutes for muffin
pans, or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans. Cool thoroughly.
- Prick fluted top and sides of each cake or top and sides of each cupcake generously
with tines of a fork.
- For syrup, in saucepan combine remaining sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, and
1/2 cup water. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and sugar is dissolved;
remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining Amaretto.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Dip top and sides of each cake or top and sides of each cupcake into syrup. Place
on wire rack above a baking sheet. Spoon or brush remaining syrup over tops of cakes.
- Wrap cakes individually in plastic wrap; chill up to 3 weeks. (Or, transfer
to a tightly covered container and chill up to 3 weeks.)
- For giving, place the individually wrapped cakes in a tissue-paper-lined box.
Or place on foil-covered cardboard and over-wrap with cellophane.
Yield: 8 miniature cakes or 20 cupcakes, 4 gifts
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miniature Cake Recipes