Molten Chocolate Baby Cakes
- 1/4 cup soft unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 individual (6 ounce) custard cups, buttered
- Baking parchment
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F, putting a baking sheet in at the same time.
- Lay 3 of the custard cups on a sheet of doubled baking parchment. Draw around
them, remove, and then cut out the discs as marked. Press into base of the cups.
- Melt the chocolate and let it cool slightly.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, and gradually beat in the eggs and salt
and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, and when smoothly combined scrape in the cooled
chocolate, blending into a smooth batter.
- Divide batter between the 6 custard cups.
- Quickly remove the baking sheet from the oven, arrange the cups on it and replace
into the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, and as soon as you take them out of the
oven, tip onto small plates or shallow bowls.