Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Miniatures
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare cake mix as indicated on box. (Pineapple syrup can be substituted for
part of the water indicated on the box.) Use small custard cups.
- Make paste of butter and brown sugar. Spread paste around bottom of custard cups.
- Sprinkle crushed pineapple over the butter/sugar mixture.
- Place cherry in the middle of the pineapple mixture.
- Pour cake mix into cups not quite half full. Cook each cake approximately 1 1/2
to 2 minutes on HIGH in microwave oven. Use caution when removing them from the
microwave and turning out onto a plate.