Pineapple Upside-Down Mini Bundts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 6 maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, syrup reserved (divided)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (16 to 17 ounces) box pound cake mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine cherries, 1/2 cup drained pineapple, brown sugar and melted butter. Spoon
into greased Bundt muffin tin, multi-mini Bundt pan or jumbo muffin pan, dividing
- Prepare pound cake mix according to package directions, using pineapple syrup
- Stir in lemon peel, vanilla extract and remaining drained crushed pineapple.
Spoon into pan, over pineapple mixture, filling each of the six cups nearly full.
Place remaining batter into greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cakes test done and tops are
lightly browned. (Loaf pan may take a few minutes longer.)
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes,
then turn out onto wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
- Yield: 6 muffins or mini-Bundts, plus one loaf cake.
- If desired, pineapple-brown sugar mixture can be doubled, and half can
be placed in the loaf pan before adding batter. An 8-inch square pan could be used,
too, but cake will not bake as long.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miniature Cake Recipes