Warm Chocolate Date Cakes
- 1 cup Sunsweet Dates, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted hazelnuts or walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut or other liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter 6 (3/4 cup) custard cups. Sprinkle dates and nuts in bottom of cups, dividing
- In small saucepan, stir butter and chocolate over low heat until melted. Cool.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With electric mixer, beat eggs, egg yolks and sugar on high speed until mixture
is light and fluffy, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Beat in flour. Gently stir in chocolate mixture, liqueur and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Pour batter into prepared custard cups and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until set around sides but soft in center.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a sharp knife around edge of each and invert onto plates.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings