Zesty Lemon Mini Pound Cakes
Your guests will love the refreshing lemony taste of these wonderful Zesty Lemon
Mini Pound Cakes!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup (6 ounces)* NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (about 3 medium lemons) grated lemon peel
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 6-cake mini Bundt pans.
- Melt morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power
for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary,
microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels
are melted. Cool slightly.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla
extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and melted morsels. Gradually beat in flour
mixture alternately with buttermilk. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cakes comes out clean.
Cool in pan on wire racks for 10 minutes. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice
in small bowl. Make holes in cakes with wooden pick; pour half of lemon glaze over
cakes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter. Make holes in top
of cakes; pour remaining glaze over cakes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Yield: 12 mini cakes | Prep Time: 20 min
* May use 6 ounces of NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Premier White Baking Bars, broken into
pieces, instead of the morsels.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe Servings Per Recipe: 12 Calories:
500 Calories from Fat: 190 Total Fat: 21g (33% of DV) Saturated Fat: 14g (69% of
DV) Cholesterol: 95mg (32% of DV) Sodium: 300mg (13% of DV) Carbohydrates: 71g (24%
of DV) Dietary Fiber: .5g (4% of DV) Sugars: 49g Protein: 6g
Vitamin A: 10% of DV Vitamin C: 8% of DV Calcium: 10% of DV Iron: 8% of DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestle and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Miniature Cake Recipes