Cherry Angel Food Cake Roll
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Line two 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pans with parchment or wax paper.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on box. Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle confectioners' sugar over 2 kitchen towels. Immediately
invert cakes onto prepared towels. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cakes in towels,
jellyroll style, starting on the short side.
- Cool completely on wire racks, seam side down.
- Unroll cakes. Spread each with 1 cup Cool Whip to within 1 inch of edges.
- Combine pie filling and extract; spread over Cool Whip on each cake. Roll
up again, removing towel. Place seam-side down on serving plate.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Slice; garnish with remaining Cool Whip.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.