Marbled Angel Cake
- 1 (14.5 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cake: Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Measure 4 cups
batter into a separate bowl.
- Gradually fold cocoa powder into this batter until well blended, being careful
not to deflate the batter.
- Alternately pour vanilla and chocolate batters into an ungreased, 10-inch
tube pan. Cut through batter with knife or spatula to marble.
- Bake on the lowest rack of a preheated 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes,
or until top crust is firm and looks very dry.
- Let cake cool, hanging the pan upside down on a heat-proof funnel or bottle,
at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Carefully run a cake knife along side of pan to loosen cake. Place on a
serving plate and drizzle with chocolate glaze.
- Chocolate Glaze: In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a full boil,
stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add chocolate morsels. Stir with wire whisk
until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Let cool to desire consistency, and use immediately.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 3, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.