Peppermint Angel Food Cake
- Betty Crocker One-Step Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup butter/butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces melted/cooled unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food coloring
- Flavored gelatin, dry (your choice
- Prepare Betty Crocker one-step angel food cake mix as directed on package
except add peppermint extract and red food coloring to the water.
- Let cool.
- Remove from pan. Spread top of cake with chocolate glaze, allowing some
to drizzle down side.
- Glaze: In small mixer bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, water,
chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Pour drizzle over cake.
Try putting two tablespoons of dry, flavored gelatin into an angel food
cake mix. Add it to flour mixture and then mix into the beaten egg whites as usual.
Not only is the cake pretty, but it is delicious served with whipped cream or topping.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/2/2002 11:12 am.
Adapted from a recipe found in The Gateway Cookbook.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.