Poppy Seed Angel Food Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 rounded tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 2 heaping tablespoons butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons Crisco
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Cake: Prepare cake mix as directed on the box, then fold in the poppy seeds.
- Bake as per box instructions.
- Frosting: Cook the sugar, milk, flour and egg until thick.
- Let cool.
- Add a little of the pudding mixture to the shortening, then beat.
- Add the remaining pudding mixture and beat again.
- Add vanilla extract and salt, and beat until fluffy.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.