Rainbow Angel Food Cake
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Rainbow 7-Minute Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Mix cake as directed and divide batter into 3 bowls.
- To the first bowl of batter, add the red food coloring.
- To the second bowl, add yellow food coloring and lemon extract.
- To the third bowl, add green food coloring and peppermint flavoring.
- Layer the three batters into an ungreased, 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake as directed on the package. While the cake cools, prepare Rainbow 7-Minute
- Rainbow 7-Minute Frosting: Combine all ingredients except vanilla extract
in the top of a double boiler. Beat until blended.
- Place over boiling water. Beat until it holds peaks.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract.
- Divide into 3 bowls.
- Blend 2 drops red food coloring into the first bowl; 2 drops green food
coloring into the second bowl; and 2 drops yellow food coloring into the third
- Frost the cooled cake to give a rainbow effect.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.