Raspberry Angel Roll
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan with foil,
extending foil 1 inch over the ends of pan.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Spread the batter
evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar. Immediately
turn the cake onto the towel. Peel off the foil. Beginning at a narrow end,
roll up the cake with the towel, jellyroll-fashion; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine the raspberries, sugar and water.
Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain the raspberries, transfer them to a blender and puree. Set aside and
- In a small mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat
in the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the raspberry
puree. Chill the mixture 1 hour.
- Unroll the cake and trim the edges. Reserving 1 1/2 cups of the filling,
spread the remainder over the cake to within 1 inch of the edges; re-roll jellyroll-fashion
without the towel. Place on a serving plate seam-side down; spread reserved
filling on all sides.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.