3-2-1 Magical Mug Cake
Have your cake anytime you want it. Only three ingredients make your 3-2-1 Magical Mug Cake. As long as the container is microwavable, you can use any small container such as ramekins, small canning jars, coffee cups and mugs.
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box cake mix, flavor of your choice
- Nonstick spray
- Add-ins such as chocolate chips, coconut, chopped candy bars, nuts, sprinkles (optional)
- 1 can frosting (optional)
- In a gallon size zip-type bag, combine the two boxes of cake mix. Shake the bag to mix thoroughly. Or, stir the two mixes together thoroughly in a large bowl, and store in an airtight container.
- Lightly coat the inside of a microwaveable mug with nonstick spray. (The spray is not required but it makes clean-up easier.)
- Add 3 tablespoons of cake mix and 2 tablespoons of water. Add 1-2 tablespoons of add-ins, if using. Stir to combine.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- If using frosting (or any topping), now is the time to add a spoonful. Eat out of the mug
with a spoon or remove the little cake out of the mug.
To give the mix as a gift: Combine the two cake mixes in a labeled gallon-size zip lock bag. Include a measuring spoon and a can of nonstick spray. Write out directions on an index card. For a special touch, include a mug and spoon, some add-ins and a can of frosting (optional).