This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
3-2-1 Magical Mug Cake
Have your cake anytime you want it. Only three ingredients make your 3-2-1 Magical Mug Cake.
As long as the container is microwavable, you can use any small container such as ramekins,
small canning jars, coffee cups and mugs.
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box cake mix, flavor of your choice
- Nonstick spray
- 1 can frosting (optional)
- Add-ins such as chocolate chips, coconut, chopped candy bars,
nuts, sprinkles (optional)
- In a gallon size zip-type bag, combine the two boxes of cake mix. Shake the
bag to mix thoroughly.
- Lightly coat the inside of a microwaveable mug with nonstick spray. (The
spray is not required but it makes clean-up easier.)
- Add 3 tablespoons of cake mix and 2 tablespoons of water. Add 1-2
tablespoons of add-ins, if using. Stir to combine.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- If using frosting (or any topping), now is the time to add a spoonful. Eat out of the mug
with a spoon or remove the little cake out of the mug.
- To give the mix as a gift:
Combine the two cake mixes in a
labeled gallon-size zip lock bag. Include a measuring spoon and a can of
nonstick spray. Write out directions on an index card. For a special touch,
include a mug and spoon, some add-ins and a can of frosting (optional).