- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can 7-Up
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can coconut
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Cake: Combine pudding mix, cake mix and vegetable oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend 7-Up into batter.
- Pour into three 9-inch cake pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove layers from pans and cool on racks.
- Place Filling between layers and on top of cake.
- Filling: Mix sugar and flour.
- Add slightly beaten eggs and butter. Place in top of double
boiler and cook until consistency of syrup.
- Add remaining three ingredients.
Variation: Use lemon cake mix and instant pineapple pudding mix.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.